Tuesday, October 16, 2012

during those quite moments...



Today, I am happy to announce that I have pulled myself out of my personal artist's rut after a long episode of self-searching. Graduating with talented classmates and seeing an array of even more talent on the internet, I was intimidated by it all and didn't believe my work was ever good enough to post. Now I understand that although competition plays a heavy hand in the art world, there is nothing wrong with doing what you love to do for yourself. I will always admire the works of others, and right now what I miss the most is the sense of community that art brings. For now, I am saving up and counting down the days until I can create art full time....

...oh yeah, I should probably explain the drawing, haha. In order to fall asleep, I concentrate on the silence of the room and I wanted to convey the idea in a respectful way. By concentrating on the silence, I don't have the opportunity to think about anything else that could keep me up. If you have problems falling asleep, I highly recommend stretching 5 mins before bed and concentrating on the dark or the sound of your room. If you start to think about anything else, mentally brush it aside and concentrate harder. Trust me, it is pretty effective. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment