Monday, October 29, 2012

YAY, 4 day weekend!

No words can describe how happy I was to get a phone call to not come into work today. Now I can do as much drawing and painting as I want! You know how Smeagol/Gollum reacted when he finally was reunited with the one ring of power? -Yea, that was me this morning.

This painting is about reflection and achievements. I originally treated it more like an exercise, but it evolved into something more detailed and personal. I miss working and learning alongside everyone that I used to see regularly during my four years at the Maryland Institute College of Art. Everybody is going about the art world with different approaches, and I love checking out their new work. Someday soon I will make a living off of what makes me happy too, and this piece will definitely be a part of my portfolio.


No comments:

Post a Comment