Saturday, May 11, 2013

Kanzashi preview! :)



Okay, now bear with me and keep in mind that I am neither a professional kanzashi artisan or photographer, but this should give you an idea of what I will be selling alongside my prints.


My kanzashi are all made out of either up-cycled or hand dyed silk fabric, and all are made with recycled materials. In light of the recent tragedy in Boston last month, I will be donating a portion of all my sales towards the Boston One Fund. I think that it is fitting to wear kanzashi at the Japan Festival in Boston as it is part of traditional Japanese culture, and also it is a way to demonstrate the idea of cultural acceptance and peaceful coexistence.




I have sooooo many of these, please stop by my booth and check them out!


2 comments:

  1. I loved these! Really wish I'd seen you at the start of the festival so I could buy more than just the two for me and my sister. Please come back next year! Or set yourself up on Etsy so I can order them <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nancy! I am all out of fabric right now, but I will be ordering more and hopefully sometime next week I can post them on Etsy. I definitely will be back next year. :)

      Delete